The Thermo Scientific Barnstead Nanopure systems are a great option for scientists who need exceptional performance for today’s critical and sensitive applications. Four application-specific models allow you to choose the Nanopure system that is right for your laboratory. Use the Quick Look Comparison chart to find the system that best fits your specific needs and objectives.
- Each system produces ultrapure water that exceeds the quantitative specifications of Type 1 water as described in ASTM D1193, ISO 3696, and CLSI-CLRW.
- Continuous recirculation maintains the highest water purity during periods of inactivity.
- Automatic system notification indicates when water quality falls below the programmable set point.
- One-touch manual and automatic dispense, choose between volumetric or timed modes.
- Easy access to resistivity, conductivity, TOC, and temperature readings.
- Multilingual display provides information in English, Spanish, German, and French. Japanese language available on select units.
Easy to Maintain
- Diagnostic menu evaluates important system components and alerts if a problem exists.
- Diamond Pack cartridge pack is simple to install and replace.
Thermo Scientific Barnstead Diamond Cartridge Pack
- The pack uses two types of activated carbon to absorb both volatile and nonvolatile organic compounds and chlorine. The highest purity semiconductor grade ion exchange resins are used to remove the last traces of ionic contaminants.
- Systems fed with deionized water (DI) have their own pack and are designed to remove problematic organic and colloidal compounds sometimes associated with central DI feed.
- Final filtration is performed with an absolute 0.2 μm gamma irradiated filter.
- The naturally hydrophilic hollow fibers provide high surface area for longer filter life and fast rinse up to desired purity levels.
Simple System Cleaning
- A cleaning syringe is supplied with all units for easy cleaning.
Other Materials of Construction
- All wetted parts beyond the purification cartridge pack are constructed of low extractable, corrosion resistant materials, including the tubing and fittings, which are made of polyolefins and fluoropolymers.
- The resistivity cell well and cartridge pack are constructed of virgin polypropylene, and the cell in constructed of corrosion resistant titanium.
- Cell/Tissue Culture
Our Nanopure systems deliver significant savings - both in capital investment and ongoing operating costs.
Up to 20% savings on initial purchase price with key accessories included as standard equipment
- Remote display controls provide flexibility in choosing a mounting location for the system or control panel
- Pressure-regulating valve allows feed water pressures up to 100 psig with no additional equipment
- Ready-to-mount wall bracket enables easy wall- or bench-mounting without the purchase of additional parts
Up to 50% savings on annual operating costs
- High-capacity cartridge pack has 20% more capacity than alternatives, delivering fewer change-outs and lower operating costs
- UV lamp and ultrafilter replacements cost 35% less per year than alternative water systems
Total Organic Carbon (TOC) Analyzer
Measures and records real-time TOC
An option available for all Nanopure systems, the TOC analyzer continuously monitors and records TOC and resistivity data in real-time, so you can be sure that your ultrapure water exceeds the most stringent requirements for your sensitive applications.
Principles of Operation
A sample of product water is pulled into the analyzer every 3.5 minutes
- Water from our Nanopure passes through a filter (1) and enters the UV reactor (2) and conductivity cell (3). The conductivity cell measures the resistivity of the water.
- The high-intensity (185 and 254 nm) UV lamp then turns on and oxidizes any organic compounds present in the water in the UV reactor, producing CO2.
- The solenoid valve (4) then opens briefly to move the oxidized water from the reactor into the conductivity cell (3), where resistivity is measured again.
- The difference in resistivity resulting from the increased CO2 concentration is used to calculate the TOC value, which is then displayed.
|Overall Dimensions (D x W x H)
||17.5 x 13.5 x 19.5 in. (44.5 x 34.3 x 49.5cm)
|Inlet Water Temperature
||4 to 40°C (40 to 104°F)
||90 to 240VAC, 100VA, 47 to 63Hz, 1 phase
||Up to 2L/hr.