Take Your Measurements to the Next Level
The range consists of 4 models to choose according to the chemical species, the purity or the composition of a mixture to be tested:
- HI 96801: concentrations of sucrose
- HI 96802: concentrations of fructose
- HI 96803: glucose concentrations
- HI 96804: Concentrations of invert sugar
The fields of use are numerous:
- Assessment of optimum harvest period
- Control, sorting and evaluation of fruit to standardize shipments
- Indicator of fruit quality and growing conditions
- Standardization of agri-food production
- Measurement of precise combinations of mixtures in food products
- Compliance with national and international ...
The new portable electronic refractometers seduce and surprise by their simplicity of use, their performances and their small price. They have been specially developed to meet the needs and demands of the agri-food industry. Operating according to the principle of the refractive index by reflection, they allow to quickly and precisely determine the concentration of soluble solids contained in fluid samples. Basically, Brix is expressed as a function of the number of grams of cane sugar contained in a solution. Therefore, HI 96801 is particularly well suited for measuring sugar concentrations. However, other components in solution can be measured. For exact concentrations, conversion tables are required. Housed in an IP 65 waterproof case and robust, they are perfectly suitable for analyzes in outdoor or hostile environments (humidity, dust ...)
A range of professional refractometers designed for the analysis of sugar
- Direct reading: Indication of concentrations in numerical values, avoiding all visual errors associated with manual refractometers
- Large double level LCD display: simultaneous display concentration and temperature
- 4 models with expressions of the concentration of sugars to choose% Brix •% fructose •% glucose •% invert sugar: Adaptation to most measures practiced in agriculture and agri-food industry
- Calibration with distilled water: Easy and economical
- Automatic temperature correction: Automatic correction of refractive index as a function of temperature
- Waterproof IP65 and compact: Mobility and robustness, suitable for field measurements
- Precise and reproducible measurements: Optical measurement with digital technology
- Simple and fast measurements: Measurement in 3 steps and results in less than 2 seconds
- Amazing value for money: An electronic instrument at the price of a hand instrument
- HI 96801 : Measures the refractive index of the samples and converts it into Brix units. The Brix scale is based on sucrose contained in distilled water. For example, 10 grams of cane sugar in 90 grams of distilled water corresponds to a 10% solution of Brix.
- HI 96802 : Measures the refractive index of the samples and displays the fructose concentration in units% by weight of the dry matter content.
- HI 96803 : Measures the refractive index of the samples and displays the glucose concentration in units% by weight of the dry matter content.
- HI 96804 : Measures the refractive index of the samples and displays the concentration of invert sugar in units% by weight of the dry matter content.
- Arboriculture and market gardening
- Packaging and processing of fruit and vegetables
- Beverages (fruit juices, concentrated fruit juices, energy drinks, coffee, syrups, sodas etc.)
- Jams, marmalades, jellies
- Milk, concentrated milk, ice cream
- Soups and sauces
- Tofu, soy sauce, soy milk
- Bakery and pastry shop
The strong points
- Large dual level display: simultaneous display of concentration and temperature
- 4 models to choose from
- Easy to use in 3 phases:
- 1. Pour two drops of sample onto the prism in the center of the sample plate
- 2. Press the READ key
- 3. read the result
- Accuracy measurements in less than 2 seconds
- Easy and Quick Calibration: Pour a few drops of distilled water onto the prism in the center of the specimen deck and press the Zero key. Calibration is complete!
- Automatic temperature correction: corrects the influence of temperature on the refractive index and ensures accurate readings
- External interference light interference detection for high measurement accuracy
- Functional measuring cell: easy emptying and cleaning, concave shape facilitating the deposition of the sample without risk of overflow
- Stainless steel sample plate: allows the sample temperature to quickly adjust to that of the prism, thus ensuring accurate measurements
- Battery powered to facilitate roaming measurements
- Self-extinguishing after
The HI 9680X Digital Refractometer is a rugged potable, water resistant device that benefits from HANNA’s years of experience as a manufacturer of analytical instruments. The HI 9680x is an optical instrument that employs the measurement of refractive index to display the sugar content in samples. The measurement of refractive index is simple and quick. Samples are measured after a simple user calibration with deionized or distilled water. Within seconds the instrument measures the refractive index of the sample and converts it to % Brix concentration units. The HI 9680X digital refractometers eliminate the uncertainity associated with mechanical refractometers and is portable for measurements in the field. The measurement technique and temperature compensation employ the methodology in the ICUMSA Methods Book (International Commission for Uniform Methods of Sugar Analysis). Temperature (in °C or °F) is displayed simultaneously with measurement on the large, dual level display along with other helpful message codes.
- Wide Range
The HI 9680X is versatile enough to fit most applications.
- Easy Measurement
Place a few drops of the sample in the well and press the READ key.
- Calibrate with Water
Fill the sample well with distilled or deionized water and press the ZERO key.
- Automatic temperature Compensation (ATC)
- Battery Operated
The HI 96801 is operated by a single 9V battery for portability.
- Dual-level LCD
The dual-level LCD displays the measurement as well as temperature readings simultaneously.
The HI 96801 offers IP65 waterproof protection.
- Quick, Precise Results
Readings are displayed in approximately 1.5 seconds.
- Small Sample Size
The HI 96801 is able to read samples as small as 2 metric drops.
- energy drinks
- soy milk