The Ventostat® 8001 and 8002 carbon dioxide (CO2) sensors and controllers are designed for Demand Controlled Ventilation DCV in buildings.
This approach, using Co2 as an indicator of occupancy, allows ventilation based on actual occupancy while still maintaining ASHRAE recommended per-person ventilation rates. Over-ventilation of buildings can be reduced, energy can be saved and air quality can be optimized. The optional black case (8001B and 8002B) is UL94-V5 rated making these models suitable for mounting directly inside the ductwork. Typical applications for the 8001 and 8002 include office buildings, conference rooms, schools, retails stores, restaurants, gymnasiums, and movie theaters.
- The Patented Absorption Infrared™ gas sensing engine provides high accuracy in a compact low cost package.
- Patented ABC Logic™ self-calibration system eliminates the need for manual calibration in most applications.
- Gold-plated optical sensor increases sensor life and durability.
- Attractive low profile case in either white or black to suit you building décor.
- Mounting plate with terminal block provides quick, easy wiring. Compatible with standard US and European junction boxes.
- Gas permeable, water resistant diffusion filter prevents particulate and water contamination of the sensor.
- Locking screw secures cover and sensor to the mounting plate for tamper resistance.
- Dual simultaneous analog output (V & mA)
- On-board relay (normally open or closed) with adjustable setpoint and dead-band.
- Choice of 9 pre-programmed “standard settings”
- Adjustable settings allow simple configuration with economizers to deliver specific target cfm/person ventilation rates.
- Simple plug-in PC based user interface program allows for configuring and calibrating the sensor.
- On-board push-button interface and 2 line by 8 character display allows for quick, easy customizing (8002 models only).
- Optional enclosure available for wet and cold temperature environments.
- One-step calibration process (if necessary) can be completed in 5 minutes.
- The 8001/8002 (Black Case) includes conformal coated PCB with a UL94-5V rated enclosure for direct in duct mounting or increased environmental durability.