The lightweight, battery-powered FH950 Velocity Flow Meter was designed to provide accurate velocity measurements while simplifying the entire measurement process in rugged field environments.
Multiple user-friendly features designed into the FH950 allow you to quickly and easily determine stream velocities for required discharge measurements, or use the FH950 to quickly calibrate area velocity flow meters, or verify primary devices such as weirs and flumes.
The FH950's rugged, lightweight and user-friendly design allows for easy set-up, operation and data management. An easy-to-use, menu-driven user interface includes a graphics display that is readable even in bright sunlight. The ability to store and download velocity and entered depth information within the meter, minimizes field time up to 50%. Discharge calculations are automatically calculated by the meter.
Conveniently download collected data to a PC via the USB connection, eliminating the need for labor intensive manual data transfer.
Maintenance-Free Electromagnetic Sensor
The FH950's electromagnetic sensor has no moving parts and never requires maintenance, making it the lowest maintenance solution on the market. Turbulent, noisy and low velocities are easily metered.
When the sensor is placed in flowing water, its magnetic field creates a voltage that is sensed by electrodes embedded in the sensor. The voltage amplitude, proportional to the water velocity flowing around the sensor, is electronically processed by the smart sensor's microprocessor and is digitally transmitted through the cable to the portable meter display.
See the Difference the FH950 Makes!
- Reduce manhours 50% — the step-by-step user interface simplifies programming, delivers real time data, and downloads direct to PC — allowing a single person to take the readings and eliminating post site visit manual data transfer from log book to PC
- Automatically calculates total discharge based on USGS and ISO metho — reduces time to manually calculate and likelihood of errors
- Real-time velocity graphed on color display— visualize velocity trends quickly
- Lowest maintenance solution on the market— electromagnetic velocity sensor with no moving parts never requires mechanical maintenance
- Lightweight, rugged portable meter — only 1.5 pounds
- Water resistant electronics
- Rechargeable portable meter
- Data Storage for up to 10 profiles (metering sites) with 32 stations (vertical profiles) per profile (site)
- Easy-to-use, menu-driven interface display remains readable even in bright sunlight
- Ideal for use in waters with organic matter; the magnetic inductive measurement principle is not negatively affected by these conditions like acoustics or mechanical meters.
- Streams-NSIP (USGS National Streamflow Information Program)
- Weir/Flume/Flow Meter Calibration
- Mining Channels
- Irrigation Channels
Sensor : VELOCITY MEASUREMENT
- Method : Electromagnetic
- Accuracy : ±2% of reading ±0.05 ft/s (±0.015 m/s) through the range 0 to 10 ft/s (0 to 3.04 m/s); ±4% of reading from 10 to 16 ft/s.(3.04 to 4.87 m/s)
- Zero Stability : ±0.05 ft/s (± 0.015 m/s)
- Range : 0 to +20 ft/s (0 to +6.09 m/s)
- Material : ABS, glass-filled
- Environmental Rating : IP68
- Dimensions of Sensor : 4.7" L x 1.7" W x 2.5" H / (11.9 L x 4.3 W x 6.3 H cm)
- Cable Material : Polyurethane jacketed
- Cable Lengths : 5, 20, 40, and100 ft.(1.5, 6.1,12.2, and 30.5 m)
Portable Meter : GENERAL ATTRIBUTES
- Material : Polycarbonate with a thermoplastic elastomer (TPE) overmold
- Environmental Rating : IP67
- Dimensions of Portable Meter : 8.6" L x 3.7" W x 2.1 H / (21.8 L x 9.3 W x 5.3 H cm)
- Storage Temperature Range : -4 to 140°F (-20 to 60°C)
- Operating Temperature Range : -4 to 131ºF (-20 to 55ºC)
- Battery Charge Temperature Range : 32 to 104°F (0 to 40°C)
- Battery Type : Lithium-Ion, rechargeable
- Battery Life Gauge : 5 segment bar graph
- Battery Life : 18 hours heavy typical day use†; 68°F (20°C) †Defined as 30 minutes of set up, 6 one-hour periods of continuous use with sensor active and display at maximum brightness, 30 minutes of sleep mode between use periods, data download and power off.
- Battery Charger : AC wall outlet charger
- USB Connector : Type Mini-B, 5-pin, rated to IP67 when capped
USER INTERFACE AND PROGRAMMING
- Graphics Display Color, LCD; 3.5" QVGA, transflective (readable in direct sunlight)
- Measurement Resolution Measurement <10: 0.001, Measurement <100: 0.01, Measurement > 100: 0.1
- Keypad : Alpha-numeric
- Operating Modes : Real-time, Profiling
- Profiling Types : Stream, Conduit
- Conduit Shapes : Circular, Rectangular, Trapezoidal, 2/3 Egg, Inverted 2/3 Egg
- Stream Entries : Fixed, Non-Fixed Stations
- Firmware : Sensor and portable meter firmware are field upgradeable via USB
- Noise Rejection : User selectable 50Hz, 60Hz
- Units of Measure : Velocity: ft/s, m/s, cm/s, mm/s
- Flow: ft3/sec, million gal/day, gal/day, gal/min, m3/sec, m3/min, m3/hour, m3/day, liters/s, liters/min
- Depth: in, ft, m, cm, mm
- Stream Flow Calculation : Mean-section, Mid-section
- Diagnostics : Self test, keypad, display, event log
- Conduit Profile Methods : 0.9 x Vmax, 0.2/0.4/0.8, Vel. &Lvl. Integrator, 2D
- Stream Profile Methods : 1, 2, 3, 5 and 6 point (Velocity method - USGS and ISO)
- File Types : Real-time, Profiling, Event Log
- Data Storage : Up to 10 metering sites with 32 vertical profiles per site.
- Maximum Number of Real-Time Files : Three each with 480 readings at 1 per second
- Language Support : English
- The flow meter shall be a portable, velocity meter with electromagnetic sensor.
- The sensor technology shall be electromagnetic, with no moving parts and cable able to be disconnected from meter.
- The range of velocity measurement shall be 0 to +20 ft/s (0 to 6.09 m/s)
- The flow meter shall include a USB port for data downloads to a personal computer.
- The flow meter shall measure noisy and turbulent velocities.
- The flow meter shall be capable of storing up to 10 monitoring sites and 32 vertical profiles, and performing basic open channel profiling in the field.
- The flow meter shall have a 5 segment bar graph battery life gauge.
- The flow meter shall have a system self-check function.
- The flow meter shall have a battery saver mode/auto shut-off.
- The flow meter shall be battery powered using rechargeable Lithium Ion batteries.
- The flow meter shall have an external AC recharging capability.
- The flow meter shall have a graphical display. The display shall be color LCD, 3.5" QVGA, transflective (readable in direct sunlight).
- The flow meter shall automatically calculate total discharge based on USGS and ISO methods.
- The flow meter shall be water resistant, rated to IP67.
- The weight of the flow meter shall be no greater than 1.5 lbs (0.68 kg) without the sensor and no greater than 2.6 lbs (1.18 kg.) with the sensor and 20 feet of cable.
- The portable flow meter shall have a 21-key alphanumeric key pad, including power, hot keys and arrow keys.
- Noise rejection levels shall be user selectable at 50Hz or 60Hz.
- Real-time velocity shall be graphed on the flow meter's display.
- The flow meter shall be the Hach FH950 Portable Velocity Flow Meter.
FH950 Portable Flow Meter System
System includes portable flow meter, electromagnetic sensor with specified cable length, universal sensor mount, USB cable, wading rod mount, power supply/charger, neck strap, thumb screw kit, soft case, and disposable cloth for cleaning.
|Hach FH950, English
|5 foot (1.5m)
|20 foot (6.1m)
|40 foot (12.2m)
|100 foot (30.5m)
FH950 Portable Meter / parts ordering
||FH950 Portable Flow Meter (includes battery, battery charger and meter), English
||Electromagnetic sensor w/5 ft (1.5 m) cable
||Electromagnetic sensor w/20 ft (6.1 m) cable
||Electromagnetic sensor w/40 ft (12.2 m) cable
||Electromagnetic sensor w/100 ft (130.5 m) cable
||Fabric Carrying Case
||Lithium Ion Battery
||USB Cable, 3 ft (1 m)
||Universal Sensor Mount
||Adjustable Meter Mount
||Wipe Cloth, used for cleaning
||Sensor Thumb Screw Kit
Contact factory for information on Standard and Top Setting Wading Rod Kits or Suspension Cable Kits.
NOTE: Additional cable cannot be added after order is entered.