Elcometer has a complete range of surface Standards, covering most of the required surface cleanliness standards, including standards for rust.
|The Elcometer range of surface standards covering most of the standards required for surface cleanliness.
Among these standards:
- BS EN ISO 8501-1: 2007 / SIS 055900
- BS EN ISO 8501-4: 2006
- SSPC - VIS 1
- SSPC - VIS 2
- SSPC - VIS 3
- SSPC - VIS 4
- SSPC - VIS 5
|This includes ...
- Swedish Standard - ISO 8501, 05590 The SIS Visual Standard of origin. It shows the degree of cleanliness of four different levels of rusted steel cleaned by blasting by hand and power tools and flame. (Also specified by the method A of ASTM 2200)
- British Standard - BS 7079: Part A1 Consists of ISO 8501 and a supplement for cleaning using six alternatives to silica quartz, which is banned in Britain. There is also a supplement to this standard.
- The Standard SSPC (Council for the Steel Structures Painting) - VIS 1-89 Similar to the Swedish and British standards, but the images of the required final appearances match the written descriptions of American standards. VIS 1-89 includes photographs of surfaces cleaned using metallic and non-metallic abrasives. Specified by Method B of ASTM 2200
- SSPC Standard - VIS 3 Contains 44 photographs to supplement the written requirements of SSPC for cleaning using hand and power tools.
|E128 ---- 1
||Swedish Standard - ISO 8501, SIS 05590
|E128 ---- 2
||British Standard - BS 7079: Part A1
|E128 ---- 4
||Supplement to the Standard BS7079: Part A1 only
|E128 ---- 3
||Standard SSPC (Council for the Steel Structures Painting) - VIS 1-89
|E128 ---- 5
||SSPC - VIS 3