The Survey Encounter incorporates the latest PIC microcontroller to make your job as inspector, surveyor, engineer or architect much more efficient.
- Non-destructive readings
- Stores up to 625 readings in 25 files
- Accurate moisture readings from 5 to 30% in wood
- Relative readings in walls, roofing and many other construction materials.
- Automatic correction for density and temperature
- Library of 32 wood species plus 3 wall and 3 roofing types
- Dot Matrix LCD display
- Readings can be recalled and displayed on LCD
|The Survey Encounter comes complete with customised software and PC interface so you can :
- Download recorded readings to your PC.
- Transfer stored data to your word-processing or spreadsheet program for analysis or incorporation in your report writing.
- Edit any of the 32 wood species in the instrument library from 300 species in the software.
|How it works
- The Survey Encounter operates on the principle of electrical impedance measurement to give accurate nondestructive moisture readings in wood, wall and roof materials.
- The Survey Encounter is fitted with a powerful microcontroller, a real time clock, a temperature sensor and high capacity nonvolatile memory chip which retains its data. By using the conductive rubber electrodes mounted on the base of the instrument a low frequency signal is transmitted into the material being tested to measure the electrical impedance.
- The Survey Encounter processes this information together with the temperature, specific gravity (SG) contained in the instruments library and accurately calculates the moisture content.
- Measuring method: Non-destructive signal (impedance)
- Frequency: 125 kHz.
- Electrodes: Non-invasive capacitive co-planer conductive rubber
- Software: Supplied on CD
- Storage: 625 readings can be stored in 25 files (25 readings per file)
- Dimensions: 150 x 80 x 35 mm. (6” x 3.2” x 1.4”)
- Weight: 280 grams (0.6 lbs.). Shipping Weight: 580 grams (1.2 lbs.)