The Moisture Encounter Plus Operates on the principle of non destructive impedance measurement.
Coplanar electrodes are flitted on the base of the instrument from which low frequency signals are transmitted into the material being tested, measuring the change in impedance caused by the presence of moisture. This reading is translated by the instrument into a moisture content reading.
- Non-destructive moisture measurement of wood, plaster, drywall, block, brick, roofing and most materials found in the building envelope using 3 ranges of sensitivity
- Deep signal penetration, up to 1.25°(30mm) in wood and drywall, detects elevated moisture through most covering materials without having to damage or puncture the materials being tested.
- Rubber electrode pads in direct contact with material being tested for better sensitivity and depth of signal penetration.
- Deeper signal penetration up to over 1 in. into the materials being tested
- Wider range of readings for wood of 5% to 30% and 0 to 100 comparative for all other materials
- Larger clear easy to read display giving meaningful readings
- Hold function enables user to "freeze" the reading. Useful for taking readings when the meter face is not visible
- Switch-able "ON" or "OFF" audio warning tone
- Automatic Power Cutoff switches "OFF" when not in use
- Automatic Default to last user setting when switched back on