This new Platen Bearing Test Apparatus has been designed considering, first of all, the operator requirement
for site use equipment that can be summarized in the following points:
Light and easy to handle.
The apparatus is contained in two carrying cases that can be loaded in a car: a Trolley case containing Plate, Cylinder, Pump, Dial gauge (or Digital gauge) and accessories (50 kg total weight), very practical to move to the testing site, and a wooden case containing the measuring bridge and related accessories (10 kg total weight).
Very practical and easy to use.
This new model is fit with a 200 mm travel cylinder (instead of the previous 100 mm), making much easier the approach to the reaction loading system thus avoiding the applications of too many distance pieces.
Furthermore comprehends the two speed pump-high volume low pressure for fast approach- and low volume high pressure for loading- speeds up the test execution.
Digital gauge option
35-T1170 and 35-T1171 models are fit with a 200 mm dia. precision gauge, 0-50 kN scale, 0.25 kN resolution, corresponding to specific loads up to 0.7 N/mm2 which is ideal for most standard base and sub-base soil compacted layers. These models, however, are fit with 100 kN cap. cylinder and, in case of testing more rigid pavements, is more convenient and technological advanced to select the models 35-T1170/D and 35- T1171/D which are fit with a very high resolution (10 N) digital gauge battery operated, ideal for both applications: standard base and sub-base compacted layers and high rigidity layers.
Model 35-T1172/D is available in digital option only to avoid the use of a second manometer in case of low specific loads. The resolution of 10 N, in fact, fully satisfy the accuracy requirement also for low loads.
Testing methods: CNR N° 146 A and B, BS 1377:9
- CNR N° 146 method A, requires a special housing on top of plate for 1 central dial gauge only (see models 35-T1170 and 35-T1170/D).
- CNR N° 146 method B and BS 1377:9 requires three dial gauges to read deformations in three points spaced 120° on the load plate (see models 35-T1171,35-T1171/D and 35-T1172/D).
All models comprehend:
- Load plate 300 mm dia.
- Loading cylinder 100 or 200 kN cap. with two speed hand hand pump with hose and couplings
- Dial gauges 30 mm travel 0.01 mm divisions (one gauge only for models 35-T1170 and 35-T1170/D; three gauges for models 35-T1171, 35-T1171/D and 35-T1172/D).
- Adjustable dial gauge supports
- Pressure gauge 200 mm dia., 0-50 kN scale, 250 N divisions (models 35-T1170 and 35-T1171).
- Digital gauge 0-100.00 kN range, 10 N resolution (models 35-T1170/D,35-T1171/D and 35-T1172/D)
- Aluminium datum bar, 2.5 m length
- Upper spherical seat
- Set of extension rods
- Trolley carrying case for load plate assembly.
- Wooden case for aluminium datum bar and other accessories
- Platen dia.: 300 mm
- Max. load: 100 kN (35-T1170, 35-T1170/D,35-T1171 and 35-T1171/D models) 200 kN (35-T1172/D model)
- Cases dimensions: Trolley case 800x480x500 mm, weight 50 kg approx.
Wooden case 1370x150x120 mm, weight 10 kg approx.
- Total weight (including cases): 60 kg approx.